Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Westworld

Westworld is a classic example of a big budget prestige drama that has gone off the rails.  I was a big fan of the first season - in fact I think I blogged about each episode, and bought the blu-ray.  But then the 2nd season underwhelmed and the third season was just a mess.  It shouldn't have been that way - a great premise, great actors, so many twists, so much potential.  But it lost the plot - it went too overboard with the multiple timelines and who is really human and who isn't, and the "bigger picture".  I lost interest and lost caring.  I'm disappointed with Westworld - but a different kind of disappointment than say the last season of Games of Thrones.  I don't feel anger, just indifference.  Which is why when the first episode of the 4th season aired this weekend, I didn't even bother watching.  I'm through with this show.  I don't remember anything about the 3rd season, and I'm not inclined to try to pick up the convoluted plot - if that's even possible - for this 4th season.  Good luck if you're still watching it.  You're probably the same kind of person that is still inexplicably watching The Walking Dead.     

No comments:

Post a Comment