Monday, June 13, 2022

Noise

As you know, I am somewhat oversensitive to external noise.  Which is why many neighbors over the many years and many places I've lived have really annoyed me.  But even I would never have predicted doing what I did today.  I submitted an "animal complaint form" with the local government.  And what animal did I complain about?  A rooster.  Yes, unbelievably a neighbor of mine has a rooster.  It's difficult to know what the official laws are, but from an 8 year old newspaper article I found online it would appear that the county's noise nuisance laws do apply to where I live.  Which say that you're not allowed to own a rooster.  So we shall see what comes of this.  But frankly I'm shocked at how inconsiderate the neighbors are - it's not like the rooster is really quiet, it makes a ton of noise throughout the day but especially in the early hours.  I happened to be awake around sunrise at 5 am this morning, and I heard the cock-a-doodle-doo's so loudly and clearly.  I can't believe no other neighbor has complained - they surely will do when the weather gets warmer and people sleep with their windows open.  I'm just glad I sleep with earplugs in.  These happen to be the same neighbors who have already annoyed me with some of their other antics - knocking down all their trees, trampolining kids, constant bonfires, etc.  So I'm not entirely unhappy at hopefully causing them some (minor) grief.     

1 comment: