Friday, June 24, 2022

A Dark Day

I like living in the US for lots of reasons.  I hate living in the US for lots of reasons.  Sometimes living in the US makes me really happy.  Sometimes living in the US makes me really sad.  Today, with the Supreme Court decision that we knew was coming because it was leaked, living in the US makes me f*cking disgusted.  An enormous backward step for women's rights.  A total disregard for decency and common sense.  A decision made by a court that should be impartial but in actuality is highly politicized.  A decision made by a court that just expanded gun rights earlier in the week.  It beggars belief.  And it makes you stick to the stomach.  And with the mid-terms coming up, when a bunch of unqualified lunatics that believe in QAnon, an illegitimate election, etc. will be voted into positions of power - we can expect a further erosion of women's rights, voting rights, civil rights, etc.  This is not the America I want to live in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment