Saturday, June 11, 2022

Guttered

Note to self - ask my landlord to clean out the gutters round my house next time, rather than try to do it myself.  With all the rain we have been getting, I had noticed that a couple of my gutters were overflowing where they shouldn't overflow.  So I decided to clean them out myself - I've got an extendable ladder that goes up high enough to reach the gutters (and supports my weight!).  So I climbed up the ladder and with a pair of gloves on shoveled out all the tree debris that had collected there.  And it was disgusting - god knows how long some of this stuff had been up there.  It was slimy, it smelt horrible, and there was lots of it.  I had to hose down the ladder, change my clothes and have a shower afterwards.  But it was satisfying to clear all this crap out of the way and finally have the gutters drain properly.  Unfortunately, now I need to wash down my back patio tomorrow because that is where I threw all the crap.      

No comments:

Post a Comment