Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Golf

Golf, a game that I have decided I won't even consider taking up until I'm retired.  If at all.  But I have some thoughts about this new professional golf tour that some players are defecting to.  Yes, they are only in it for the money,  Yes, we are talking about Saudi money - so dirty money.  But do I have a problem with this competition?  In all honesty, no.  I'm not really invested enough in golf to really care too much.  And are the Saudi's really much worse than the racist, sexist, white men that run the existing tours or own these sickeningly elitist and environmentally unfriendly golf courses that they already play on?  Arguably not.  So to me this is a whole bunch of nothing, just the PGA tour throwing their toys out of the pram because they've got some new competition now.  Some of the golfers that have loudly criticized this new tour, like Rory McIlroy, have golfed with Trump - so to me, there is a massive amount of hypocrisy here.  So whatever.        

2 comments:

  1. Totally concur with all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why, when I post a comment from my mobile it posts as anonymous - even though I'd signed into Google.

    ReplyDelete