Monday, August 2, 2021

UK Travel

So the UK has now eased travel restrictions for fully vaccinated travelers from the US.  This creates an interesting dilemma - if and when should I come back to visit?  While I still don't have any new work assigned to me, this summer would seem perfect.  But the US government still has a travel advisory not to fly to the UK.  And with the delta variant running rampart in the US right now - thanks predominantly to stupid unvaccinated Americans - I would be worried about travel restrictions being reintroduced.  Can we also be sure that the UK will remain "open"?  I have absolutely no idea.  I don't want to have any limits on where I can go or who I can see when I come back.  And I certainly don't want to put anyone at needless risk.  At some point the benefits outweigh the risks of coming back - and indeed we might already be close to that point.  I certainly miss spending time with my niece and nephew, and I miss spending time with my Mum (though I think the new canine addition to the family is a really good, and long overdue, thing!).  Clearly some further consideration, and discussion with the appropriate parties, is warranted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment