Thursday, August 5, 2021

A Bad Day

I just knew it would be one of those days when I woke up thinking it was Friday, and was totally devastated when I found out it was really Thursday and there was a whole extra work day until the weekend.  This set the tone for the day.  Then it got worse when I started to hear the horrible sound of tree removal next door.  I hate the sound of chainsaws and a wood chipper at the best of times, it was really loud, and the further needless loss of natural habitat is really disappointing and depressing.  And it's close enough to affect the view to the north from me - which I'm sure will be a lot more obvious after fall.  And I'm fairly sure the tree removal was done illegally.  I'm guessing it was my favorite neighbors with the trampoline and the rooster that were clearing the ground - so god knows what kind of further noise I've got to look forward to - but I think they were trespassing on the unused property immediately next to me in order to do the clearing.  And I have no idea where the property line is between these two parcels, but it sure looked like they were clearing trees from both properties.  I don't know how much of a fuss to make with this, but I did look up the non-emergency local telephone number and was so tempted to use it to report them.  Guessing by the fact that they left some ropes and stuff behind, I suspect they'll be back again tomorrow causing even more destruction - so I'll see how far I take it then.  And then later on today I finally got assigned a load of new work that is going to keep me busy for the rest of the year.  It will be good to actually have something to do but it's quite demeaning work, I've got none of the responsibilities I had before and I think it could be quite demanding.  Joy.       

2 comments:

  1. Pharma-skivvy

    "Grive all row glade tasks to the Engrishman"

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. A reputation as "neighbourhood grass" may cause future problems.

    ReplyDelete