Friday, August 13, 2021

EPL Return

So much I could talk about: how much I HATE anti-vaxxers, how much America has failed Afghanistan, who is the biggest dick: Greg Abbott, Ron DeSantis or Ted Cruz.  But no, with the Premier League starting again today (after what feels like the briefest of brief breaks for the Euros and the Olympics) let’s talk about that.  In particular, my extreme worry that Palace will get relegated this year.  With an untested new manager and a huge turnover in the squad and backroom staff, I think there is an awful lot of uncertainty about how good, or how bad, this major rebuild is.  Especially if we can’t play how the manager wants us to play – then this could easily turn into another Frank de Boer type fiasco.  It looks like we are third favorites to be relegated with odds of around 7/4.  If I was a betting man, which I’m not, then I think I would put a healthy bet on Palace going down.  Then it’s a win-win – you either make some money, or celebrate Palace staying up.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with this.

    I'm now in a quandary, I've had £50 ($65) on Palace to be relegated for the past 4 years - all at reasonable odds - to trigger the win/win you highlight.

    But @ 7/4, I felt the odds weren't worth it, so haven't bet - thereby karmically almost ensuring we will be relegated.

    ALOT depends on how quickly Eze comes back from his bad Achillies injury.

    We were woeful against Chelsea, this does not augur well.

    However, by all accounts, PV has got the solitary senior important player on his side - which FdB did not.

    Fcuk "girl power", "Zaha power" is where it's at!!! (In terms of PV's longevity anyway).

    I would just like to record that I am very proud that we've made a viable BAME managerial appointment though - necessary for our South London demographic, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked up on oddschecker, after yesterday's showing...

    11/8 now most places (a couple of 6/4's (and 5/4's - eek) about).

    7/4 totally unavailable now

    ReplyDelete