Thursday, August 26, 2021

Seattle to London

I recently noticed that Alaska Airlines were advertising direct flights from Seattle to London.  What's this now?  Yet another airline flying this route?  More competition equals better prices - nice.  But upon further inspection, that's not really the story.  The truth is just that Alaska Airlines has recently joined the Oneworld alliance of airlines - which already includes American Airlines and British Airways, both of whom already offer the Seattle to London route.  So I don't think there are any new flights to be offered, just an alternative airline who you can book the trip with.  Which is not necessarily a bad thing, as I've got some airline credit with Alaska so maybe I can use it towards a UK flight.  So there are still only 3 choices for this route - American, BA and Virgin.  And since American sucks and I wasn't impressed with Virgin the last time I flew, it looks like it's going to be BA going forward.  At least when things return to some semblance of normality...  

No comments:

Post a Comment