Sunday, June 6, 2021

Water pressure

There's been a problem with my hot water tank pressure valve, so my landlord fitted a pressure regulator yesterday.  And it's a nightmare.  The water pressure in my home has now halved, and it's pitiful.  I can't have a decent shower (I've just ordered a high pressure shower head that should arrive tomorrow, so let's see if that makes a difference), but it's not just that.  The water coming out of the taps (faucets) has noticeably less pressure now - especially downstairs - and even the toilet flush seems different (though I don't think the actual flushing mechanism should be affected, just the time it takes to refill the tank).  I think I need to speak to my landlord to see if we can get the water pressure back to anywhere nearer the level it was before.  If not, then I don't know what to do - if I can make the shower at least half decent, then I could probably live with it.  My extensive plumbing knowledge (i.e. the internet) suggests that you can adjust the regulator to increase the pressure - so I am hopeful this is not a permanent issue.  But maybe I've just been spoiled with having high water pressure all this time, and now it's just been "normalized"...  

No comments:

Post a Comment