Friday, June 18, 2021

The Auld Enemy

I wore my England shirt this morning, by the afternoon I had to change out of it such was my shame and embarrassment.  What a lackluster performance - horribly disappointing.  If this is some nefarious plan to finish 2nd in our group to avoid the harder draw, then kudos.  But if not, then whatever glimmer of optimism I had for our national side has quickly evaporated.  This is the England I've come to know and to have disappointed me for so many years.  So frustrating.  I don't think it was because Scotland played particularly well - though at least they showed some character - I just think with the team we've got that we should be performing so much better.  Ironically, now I think I would be happy with another goalless draw in our last group game.

No comments:

Post a Comment