Friday, June 4, 2021

Annoying

During a Skype call yesterday, my webcam decided not to work properly.  It still shows video, but now I can't seem to add any background effects or anything to the image.  A very minor detail that I don't think I ever use, at least not on my personal computer, but I have become obsessed in trying to fix it.  And despite spending hours and hours on it last night, I can't for the life of me find a resolution.  So very frustrating, despite it being such a minor inconvenience.  But it's just one of a number of little issues that have started to add up on my laptop - from taking increasingly long to start up, to randomly shutting down, to having all kinds of different problems when I try to connect a device to it via USB.  So I think it might be time to get a new laptop (preferably not Dell this time, who I am increasingly fed up with).  I'm not entirely sure how long I've had this laptop for, but it doesn't seem like I got my money's worth.  However, it appears opportune that Prime Day is coming up in a few week's time, so hopefully I'll be able to get a decent laptop at a reduced price then.       

No comments:

Post a Comment