Sunday, June 27, 2021

Triple Digits

Although I didn't quite reach triple digits yesterday (I think it maxed out at 99F/37C), I did today.  According to my weather app, it got up to 103F/39C and felt like 109F/43C where I live.  Inside my home it got up to 87F/31C where it's supposed to be cool (and that's downstairs, it's probably a lot hotter upstairs).  I bought some bananas on Friday and they are already over-ripe today thanks to the heat.  I am a hot, sweaty mess.  This is horrific.  You get some relief at night when it's a bit cooler, but even with my portable AC unit going in my bedroom it's still uncomfortably hot.  I'm almost tempted to try to sleep outside tonight.  At least it's not humid.  This certainly puts some perspective on where I want to retire to - could I handle these hot temperatures in retirement?  Probably fine with AC - the lack of which is really turning this into a nightmare.  Most people don't have AC here - which is why these extreme temperatures are such a big deal.  Just for perspective - Portland, Oregon reached an all-time temperature high yesterday and then beat it today at 112F/44C, just north of the border Canada reached an all-time temperature high today in British Columbia of 47C, and Seattle reached an all-time temperature high today of 104F/40C.  And tomorrow is going to be worse.  Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment