Thursday, June 10, 2021

Summer TV

Oh dear, it looks like a particularly bleak landscape for quality TV shows on cable this summer.  I look at the scheduled recordings on my DVR, and if we take away sports then we're only looking at a handful of shows per week.  That's not a lot.  What does that mean?  Is it finally time to cut the cord?  We're definitely close.  But first of all, I think I've got to clear my DVR - which I've somehow let build up again with films and shows since the start of the year.  I've already made a start - just finished the last season of Fargo (a consistently good show, hampered by miscast leads for this particular season), and just watched The Lobster (a 2015 film that might be one of the weirdest films I've ever seen, but I liked it a lot - 4 out of 5).  But I have already started to incorporate some streaming shows into my schedule from the streaming services that I do have (HBO Max and Amazon Prime).  For example, can highly recommend the comedy series Hacks - I just watched the season finale today.  I'm sick to death of the increasing number of crappy game shows on cable TV - so I expect the amount of streaming shows I consume to dramatically increase as I finally approach cutting the cord.       

No comments:

Post a Comment