Wednesday, October 7, 2020

To-Do -> Done

A constructive start of the week ground to a halt today.  Monday - took the afternoon off and drove out and up to Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic National Park to do the Hurricane Hill hike.  I've been there plenty of times before, and I think I've posted photos from there multiple times in this blog before, but it's still one of my favorite places to go with one of my favorite views in Washington State - once I've had a chance to go through my photos from this time, I'm sure I'll post some of these as well.  Tuesday - long overdue, but finally went to an opticians and got my eyes re-examined.  Even with all the flashy expensive equipment they were using to test everything they could on my eyes, ultimately it seems my prescription hasn't really changed over the last decade plus, however I wanted to get a new pair of glasses so I was able to do that there.  Even with vision insurance, the cost of these was still exorbitant - though I did go for a lot of top end features like progressive and transition lenses etc.  Hopefully for the price I paid they are worth it.  But I want to also get a second backup pair, so I think I will order these online at a much cheaper cost and see how they work out.  And today, was planning to take yet another afternoon off work and go to Mount Rainier - but work got in the way of that one, and this isn't a quick trip because the road I would normally take there is still closed due to wildfires so you have to go a longer way.  Which is a shame, because today seemed to be the last sunny day there for a while.  Hopefully I'll have a chance to go up there before the end of the month - once it's November it's winter season there, which means that you're required to carry tire chains to drive up there.  Which I don't have, and have no plan of getting.     

No comments:

Post a Comment