Monday, October 5, 2020

Meetings

Who the heck decided to schedule regular study team meetings at 9 am on Mondays?  This is like the 2nd worst time of the week to schedule meetings - topped only by Friday afternoons.  I had some real difficulty dragging myself out of bed and making myself presentable for the meeting this morning - though I never needed to turn my camera on in the end fortunately.  In fact, these meetings are a bit of a waste of time for me at the moment, but I am required to attend them - we're only in the study start up phase, we haven't even got a protocol yet, and it will be a long time, well into next year, until my tasks really start.  So until then, my workload remains entirely lacking (as it has mostly has been since July).  I'd rather have too little work rather than too much work, but I feel my brain needs to be more engaged than it is currently.  And I can see my lack of workload being used as an excuse for me to be denied a future promotion, over others.      

1 comment:

  1. Rather than lack of workload, I'd use the clearly stated inability to function professionally at 9am on a workday as the reason for promotional denial.

    ReplyDelete