Monday, October 19, 2020

Taskmaster

In a very welcome development, they've started posting episodes of the current season of Taskmaster on their YouTube channel.  This is one of my favorite UK shows to catch when I'm back, and I have been watching some episodes on YouTube here.  The only downside is that I have to watch episodes from this season on my work laptop.  They are not available in the US, but when I connect to my work network then I believe that it uses a server based in Canada.  So then when I go on the internet, it thinks I'm in Canada.  Generally this is a real pain, it means that most websites default to their Canadian sites - so I get the Canadian news, when I'm shopping for something it's all in Canadian dollars, etc.  But it's good to finally find a benefit with that.  Taskmaster has a bit of a checkered history in the US, to say the least.  They did a US version a while back, which was a total bust.  Then not too long ago they started to show some UK episodes on one of the network channels here - but after just the first episode, it got pulled because the ratings were so low.  This is clearly a show that is "too British" for the American audience.     

No comments:

Post a Comment