Friday, October 16, 2020

Customer Service

I went grocery shopping today, and was looking for a particular item.  I couldn’t find it, but there happened to be a store employee in the close vicinity stocking shelves so I asked if she had any of this product.  She said no, and I went on my way.  About 5 minutes later, I realized I had forgotten to pick up something else and went back to the same area where this woman was still stocking shelves.  And as I approached, I saw to my surprise that she was literally putting on the shelf what I had asked about.  My surprise quickly turned into anger – why did she so blatantly lie?  She knew she had it, so why be so dishonest?  So much for America’s renowned customer service.  Was it some kind of bias against my accent (something I have encountered before)?  Did she not want to deal with the extremely mild inconvenience?  I think she saw me looking, recognized me and quickly turned away as I gave her the evil eye.  I think I said something sarcastic like “Oh, looks like you DO have it” but she didn’t respond so I picked up what I wanted and moved on.  But my anger has not subsided, even for something so trivial as this.  The worst thing about America is the Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment