Friday, October 2, 2020

Irony

I think it’s absolutely hilarious that Trump has contracted the virus.  Such poetic justice for someone who has constantly downplayed it, doesn’t wear a mask, doesn’t socially distance and who was still holding these big political rallies that were a serious public health risk.  I see that there have been lots of well wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery shared by celebrities, politicians and leaders from both sides of the political aisle.  I disagree with these.  Of the 7.5 billion people in the world, I would only say this about a handful of people (and he is one of them) – I hope he dies from the virus.  The irony of that would just be perfect.  At the least, I hope he suffers some serious symptoms – and then perhaps the devastating reality of the virus will finally sink into that thick head of his.  Perhaps he should ingest some bleach, or take that unproven medication that he was constantly shilling for.  The lack of federal response to the pandemic has needlessly cost thousands of American lives, and he should be held accountable for that.  So no, I have absolutely no sympathy.  What this means for the election – I have no idea.  I don’t think we’ll have any more presidential debates (which is probably a blessing in disguise, considering how embarrassing the first one was).  I dread the braggadocio if he survives the virus.  But will it change votes?  I doubt it - I cannot believe there are still undecided voters.  Once again, something else he has said or done has eclipsed whatever headlines we had previously – if it’s a direct attempt to deflect from the outrageous and scandalous tax returns leaked just a few days ago, well mission succeeded.  Yet another twist in this clusterf*ck of a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment