Saturday, October 10, 2020

Hurricane Hill

With utterly miserable weather today - really heavy rain, thunder/lightning and even hail - here are some views from Hurricane Ridge, when I did the Hurricane Hill hike earlier this week when the weather was a lot nicer.  I've done this trail before, but I don't remember it being as tough as it was this time - perhaps a reflection of how unfit I am, and how much I don't like elevation change in my hikes when I carry the amount of weight I do.  It's only about a 3.5 mile hike, but about 700 feet in elevation gain.  It's a good job that the views are spectacular, because that gives me the excuse to frequently stop and take some photos when I'm really just catching my breath and giving my leg muscles some respite!  I've posted loads of photos from here before, so let me make this easier for myself by just including a couple of videos I took.  One looking south, where you can see the ridge that the trail climbs up in the foreground with all the mountains in the background.  And the other looking north, where you can see all the way to Canada across the Strait of Juan de Fuca.



No comments:

Post a Comment