Monday, October 26, 2020

4K

I've been watching some of the baseball World Series currently going on.  Not because I particularly like baseball, but because it's also being broadcast in 4K.  Since I now have a 4K telly, it's an easy way to compare HD to 4K.  And the difference between the two is noticeable, but not particularly pronounced.  At least not as much as I hoped.  Admittedly I do have entirely different picture settings for HD and 4K, but still a little bit disappointing.  The other advantage of watching the broadcast in 4K is that, inexplicably, it doesn't have any adverts.  And boy, you realize just how much baseball - and all other American sports - is dominated by commercial interruptions.  I didn't think this was possible, but it makes an already interminably boring sport even more boring.  But still, I'd rather watch an empty shot of the stadium than constant adverts for beer and male erectile disorder medication.  Yes, the advertisers know their audience.    

No comments:

Post a Comment