Thursday, October 1, 2020

Elections

As a permanent resident but not (yet?) a citizen I am not legally entitled to vote in the US, so I am no longer being mailed ballots (I was mailed one when I first moved into my current residence, oh how easy it would have been to become the kind of illegal voter that Trump exaggerates about!).  However, I am still sent the official "voter's pamphlet" - and I thought I'd share a screenshot of Trump and Pence's statements.  It's quite interesting to see how Trump is selling himself (I have no idea whether these statements are universal, or whether they are geared specifically to the Washington State voters - home of the CHOP).  Regardless, even something as small as this is still full of inaccuracies and misinformation.  Oh my god, he is going to be even more unbearable when he wins re-election (or even if he loses, when he contests the vote).  And after flicking through the pamphlet, what you don't realize is that in addition to the general election, there are a ton of other measures and proposals and local elections also being decided on November 3rd.  Nothing that particularly caught my attention, but there is every chance that there are some important local things there that might affect me in one way or another - does anyone really read through the entire pamphlet (it's nearly a 100 pages!)?!



No comments:

Post a Comment