Sunday, June 14, 2020

Slugs

What is going on with the slug population in my neighborhood?  Over the last week, I've founds loads of them on my patio and deck that I've had to remove.  And I can see loads of disgusting trails where they've been.  And these are not small slugs - these are big horrible banana slugs.  Fortunately I haven't found any inside my house yet - that has happened once in the past, and still gives me nightmares.  Is this just the time of year when they start to roam around to mate or whatever?  I guess the wet weather we've had recently may be a contributing factor.  But they are horrible things - I would hope that there would be more predators in the neighborhood to deal with them.

And a quick update on the mole war.  Hasn't really been much action recently.  I've found a few molehills, but they were much smaller than ones I've had to deal with before and may indeed be old and no longer used.  I did actually discover a dead mole in the grass a few weeks ago - it was very strange because the day after I found a dead mouse in the exact same spot.  I suspect my landlord's cat, that I still see roaming around and who spies on me when he thinks I can't see him, might have been leaving some offerings out for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment