Saturday, June 27, 2020

Face Masks

A brief entry, but I just want to say that the politicization of wearing face masks in the US is very disappointing, if utterly predictable when you have a president who refuses to wear one.  The surge of infections in the US is sadly also disappointing and predictable when scientific advice is ignored by the government in favor of reopening the economy too early to curry political favor before the election.  It's not just the sun states either - we're also seeing increased rates in our state.  We had some Seattle site meetings this week, and it was implied that our return to the office was likely to be delayed even beyond Labor Day depending on how things go. Which is devastating.  But at least my company is now providing free testing to see whether you have, or have had, the virus.  I haven't signed up yet, but I'm sure I will.     

No comments:

Post a Comment