Monday, June 15, 2020

Chop

Seattle has been in the national and international news recently for the neighborhood that has turned into a police-free zone.  Originally called CHAZ - Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, I think it has now been renamed CHOP - Capitol Hill Occupied Protest.  Although not too far from my office, not an area I frequent much at all.  Either way, Trump hates it and has threatened to send in the troops.  Yet another shallow threat.  And of course it has been pilloried by stations like Fox News, who see it as some kind of hippy lawless commune.  I really don't give two hoots about the whole situation - let them do their thing, but I think there are much more constructive ways to protest policing or whatever.  Historically Seattle has loved it's counterculture, and this is yet another example of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment