Friday, February 7, 2020

Splashing the Dough

I went on a bit of a spending spree yesterday and today.  And I don’t even know how big (or small) my bonus is going to be yet!  As I’d promised myself I would do, I have updated my entertainment system.  So I’ve ordered a new HDTV (but only 55”, not 65” as I think my sofas are just a bit too close to the tv that I’d almost be looking up at a 65” screen!), a decent soundbar (it still has some surround sound speakers, so I’m not totally eliminating wires trailing everywhere, but hopefully a lot less cluttered than my current setup), and, wait for it, ….


Yes, give me a few weeks to set everything up and I’ll be ready to challenge certain family members at Mario Kart.  And also colleagues – quite coincidentally, I found out today that one of my work friends has also just got a Switch and also just got Mario Kart.  Let the games begin!  And this morning, I was late into work because I went into Ikea and bought the dining table and chairs I had been eyeing.  They were finally in stock (though I only knew this because I went onto their website last night, I never got an e-mail to let me know – great customer service).  So I think I’m down to just a few more things I really want to get for my home – next on the wish list is an exercise bike (which I can expense work for – nice!).

No comments:

Post a Comment