Saturday, February 8, 2020

1917

I finally got around to seeing 1917 today - long overdue.  Why now?  Partly because it is Oscars weekend, and this film is likely to win some awards.  Partly because it was yet another wet day, and I had to get out.  Was it a good film?  Yes.  Very interesting to compare it to Dunkirk - this film seemed somehow quieter yet more visceral, but I think I need to watch it again at home to decide whether it is better or not.  And that is mainly because my actual cinema experience was awful.  From them starting the film with the overhead lights still on, to someone coming in late, sitting almost behind me and consuming a box of popcorn about as loud and distracting as can be, to the seat being unbearably uncomfortable after about an hour.  This is why I will continue to watch most films at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment