Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Neighbors

I think I’ve mentioned in this blog before about how I have to deal with people (teenagers?) who just chuck their fast food litter, empty energy drink cans or empty beer bottles into the verge at the bottom of my driveway.  Every now and then I will go down there and do some litter picking.  Well, someone has just escalated this and I am not happy.  I left for work this morning, and what did I find at the bottom of my driveway?  Someone had dumped a toaster oven there overnight.  Unbelievable.  It is one thing if you’ve just picked up some drive-through food or some late night snacks from a gas station, and thrown the trash out of your car window.  It is quite another to make the conscientious decision to transport and dump a large item like that.  I would maybe be less angry about this if it had been dumped further down the road, but this was explicitly dumped at the bottom of my driveway.  Not happy about this at all – I assume it’s up to me now to dispose of this thing properly.  This is on top of a number of other recent incidents.   I already mentioned the potential mail theft.  In addition, I discovered some suspicious tire tracks over the weekend, where it looks like someone went a little up my driveway, not all the way to the house, before turning around on the patch of grass there.  No idea what that was about.  And also over the weekend, someone in the neighborhood decided to have a REALLY noisy party all Saturday night.  It wasn’t one of my next door neighbors, but the music and particularly the conversation from the party was so loud and carried so clearly that it sounded like they were next door.  I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come.   

Note – I do want to mention that I am reluctantly but intentionally dropping my u’s from words like neighbour and neighbourhood.  This is mainly due to American auto-correcting and spellcheck when I type this up.  Sorry, deal with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment