Monday, July 22, 2019

Windows 10

Had to get my work computer finally updated to Windows 10 today – I guess the older versions of Windows are really becoming redundant.  I’ve got Windows 10 on my main laptop at home, so it’s not like I’m totally unfamiliar with the new look and everything.  But that still doesn’t mean I like it.  And I certainly don’t like the fact that I’m used to doing my work in a particular way on my computer, and now I have to readjust.  A classic symptom of getting old and not wanting to change!  With the Windows update also came updates to other applications, and the biggest one is perhaps to the one we use the most at work -  Office Outlook, our main e-mail system.  It looks really different to what we had before and not better – and I’m certainly not the only one to notice this.  For years we’ve been complaining about the fact that we had these ancient browsers on our computer that hadn’t been upgraded and didn’t let us open loads of pages on the internet properly – and now things seem to have gone the totally opposite direction and suddenly we’ve had all these major updates and upgrades foisted on us when most of us are not ready for them.  Wherever you work, don’t you just love the IT group…

No comments:

Post a Comment