Friday, July 26, 2019

Watch

I finally got round to getting the strap adjusted on my new watch so that it fits me, and it looks good – nothing flashy, just an Invicta Pro Diver.  Probably the chunkiest watch I’ve ever owned and worn, for an automatic it seems to keep remarkably good time so far – certainly better than my last watch, which was an automatic Seiko which I had to correct the time on every few days.  And it is definitely a “James Bond”-esque watch – if I was to replace the metal strap with a colored nylon band, then it would look similar to the Rolex that Bond wore in Dr No and Goldfinger.  But I probably won’t bother – I’m not really into the whole James Bond watch thing, and I’m certainly not going to shell out thousands of pounds on one of the licensed James Bond Omega watches.  But even though I’ve only been wearing my new watch for less than a week, I’ve already noticed some wear on the clasp.  And I’ve discovered why – it is the underneath of my wrist, right where the clasp is, scraping on the desk when I’m typing.  I’ve got a wrist rest, but that doesn’t seem to have made much of a difference.  That’s unfortunate – but I’m not going to take my watch off every time I have to type, so just something I’ll have to live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment