Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Lottery

A $12.3 million winning lottery ticket sold at my local grocery store remains unclaimed – despite being sold 2 weeks ago.  This grocery store is very local and not very well frequented, the grocery store and the local pizza restaurant is the entirety of the “high street”, so it is extremely likely that it is someone in the neighborhood who bought the ticket.  Sadly, it wasn’t me.  But then again, I don’t think I’ve ever bought a state lottery ticket.  I have only ever bought tickets for the Powerball or Mega Millions, which are big multi-state lotteries, and only when their jackpots start to get outlandishly huge (close to, or even over, the billion dollar mark) and make the news.  If my blog suddenly goes quiet – there is probably about a 0.0000001% chance it is because I’ve entered and won the lottery.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly why I buy mine on-line direct from the UK lottery people (not sure this facility is available in Seattle mind). I'd be devastated in trying to keep the win secret & then be "outed' just because my local newsagent is publicised as the sales agent.

    ReplyDelete