Tuesday, July 2, 2019

England 1-2 USA

I would have loved it if England could have beaten the "distasteful" Yanks (miming sipping a cup of tea after scoring – F*CK YOU), but alas it wasn’t to be.  I did wear my red England shirt today, but that was the US jersey color so was kind of confusing to people.  I didn’t watch or stream the game – really couldn’t care too much about enduring 90+ minutes of mediocre quality “soccer” – so instead just followed it via the BBC website.  But I have found the various displays of arrogance by the US in the lead up (probably unnecessarily exaggerated by the UK tabloids) quite nauseating, so I maybe cared about this game a little more than I would normally.  And I still hate VAR with a passion – doesn’t matter whether it is men or women playing, it ruins the flow of the game.  At least I can totally forget about the Women’s World Cup now, despite how much the US media will continue to milk it – with Wimbledon on now, and the Tour de France starting this weekend, I have significantly better alternatives to fill in the sports vacuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment