Saturday, July 13, 2019

Poker

The 2019 World Series of Poker is currently airing – and I find it to be something very suited to putting on in the background whilst I’m doing something else.  I don’t play much Texas Hold ‘Em, but I enjoy it a lot when I do.  And I think I can be a pretty good player.  I never really got into playing much online – I think that takes out a lot of the psychology, which is one of the best aspects of the game.  When I watch something like the World Series, I always wonder whether I could ever make it professionally.  I don’t think I could – I’m not one for calculating all the odds, I prefer to play instinctively.  And I also don’t have the patience that a pro needs to have – there have been numerous times in the past when I’ve gone all in far too early and been knocked out of a game.  But a late night game with some friends and some drinks – count me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment