Thursday, May 16, 2019

Ooooh medication's what you need

Started a new, and stronger, blood pressure medication over the weekend – and not happy at all about some of the side effects I seem to be experiencing.  Not entirely unexpected as my body adjusts to the new medication – but I’m suffering from fatigue and, perhaps most alarmingly of all, leg muscle cramps.  This is really hindering my ability to do things – it was painful for me just to walk to the sandwich shop yesterday, and today my feet are aching after a few games of table tennis.  I’ve already kind of given up on the step challenge – it’s just not happening.  Maybe because I’m on a diuretic I need to drink more water to avoid muscle dehydration, and maybe I need to have at least a banana a day to keep my potassium levels up – but something is amiss, and if it affects my ability to walk and hike then I am very concerned.  Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment