Monday, May 6, 2019

GoT S8E4

Well, I missed the Starbucks cup that made it into this episode.  For a show that costs so much to make, that is an embarrassing oversight.  When I inevitably buy the blu ray box set, I wonder if that cup will be edited out.  I quite liked this episode – any episode with more Tyrion and Varys is never a bad thing in my books.  Much like how easy it was to kill the Night King in the last episode, it was remarkably easy to kill a dragon with one of those giant crossbows.  Implausibly easy.  I enjoyed the drunken victory celebration/wake, and then the scheming, plotting and sense of intrigue and impending doom in this episode.  I don’t think Dany’s storyline is going to end well – we are definitely hurtling towards a “Mad Queen” situation.  It felt like we said goodbye to a few secondary characters who should really have died in the battle, but the best and most interesting confrontations are still on the table – The Hound vs The Mountain, Jamie vs Cersei, Dany vs John, and I would particularly enjoy Tyrion vs Varys if they choose to go that way, plus Arya and whoever she is after (Cersei? – with any number of contenders for who wants to kill Cersei, I would be almightily surprised if she survives another episode).  With only a couple of episodes left, I want and expect more bloodshed and some key character deaths next week

No comments:

Post a Comment