Sunday, May 26, 2019

Green Lake

Not how I want to spend my Memorial Day weekend - woke up at 5 am this morning feeling absolutely dreadful, including some dry retching.  And then have been feeling awful all day - with a lingering headache.  I don't know whether I ate something that disagreed with me (although I haven't had anything out of the ordinary) or yet another bad reaction to blood pressure meds (I started a new medication on Friday).  But I wanted to do a hike today, but obviously didn't want to do anything too strenuous - so went for a Seattle classic that I haven't done for a while (although a quick search of my blog reveals that it wasn't as long ago as I thought), the Green Lake loop.  I used to do this all the time when I lived in the neighboring Greenwood neighborhood - a flat 3 mile loop around Green Lake in North Seattle.  And always tons of people - today was no exception.  At least I didn't experience painful leg cramps like I have been suffering from recently - that bodes well for the new medication, and for doing another hike tomorrow (though, again, probably something not strenuous and fairly local - I have no desire to get stuck in holiday traffic). 




No comments:

Post a Comment