Wednesday, May 1, 2019

A New Month, A New Me

I’m very conscious that I’m not getting out or going away as much as I’d like, so I’ve started taking some steps to address this.  For example, I’ve booked a room in a motel in East Washington for Saturday night so that I can take a drive and do some hikes out there over the weekend.  This probably won’t be the only weekend overnight stay I plan this month.  And I’ve just informed my manager that I want to take a week’s holiday in the first week of June (trying my best to fit that in between timelines!).  Next thing to do is to decide how to use that time – I’ve got some ideas (namely things I want to see and do in Oregon – but would consider going further afield to somewhere like Yellowstone) but I want to make some definite plans and soon, otherwise I am prone to doing nothing and wasting those precious vacation days.  That week should work out well because I think it is just before US schools break up for summer, so I’m hoping it will be the best combination of decent weather but not horrific crowds.  I’ll probably be proven wrong on both counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment