Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona

I didn't see that one coming - my oh my.  The game was on the telly at the Mexican place I went with a couple of friends for lunch today - I noticed it was 1-0 but didn't really pay much attention to it.  Honestly, didn't think Liverpool had a chance in hell.  Got back to the office and went to a meeting before I eventually had a chance to check the final score on the BBC website - good grief.  And I'm writing this now as I'm watching a full replay of the game this evening and mightily enjoying it (and thank god Suarez doesn't play in the Premier League any more as he is a real <category A swear word>).  I confess to having a soft spot for Liverpool - after all they were the team I supported as a naive prepubescent glory fan.  I don't think they're going to win the league - though they haven't folded yet like I expected they would - but I think they deserve to win the Champions League after this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment