Friday, May 24, 2019

Employee morale

On a Friday before a long weekend – it’s Memorial Day on Monday, a rare bank holiday for us – we normally get an e-mail telling us we can leave early today.  And, as I write this about 1.15 pm, have we had this e-mail yet?  Have we heck.  Other departments have been told they can leave early, but we have been left behind by either an indifferent or a cruel upper management in our department.  So much for employee morale.

And, as I write this at 1.30 pm, I’ve just been sent a meeting invite for a meeting at 2 pm.  On a Friday afternoon before a long weekend.  Really?  Who the heck does that?  I don’t care how urgent it is – I’m not going to even think about whatever it is you want to discuss in this meeting until I’m back in the office next week.  Some people are just amazingly inconsiderate and/or lacking common sense.  I have already switched off at work for the rest of the day.

By the way, I have edited this blog post to use the word “heck” instead of another word I would prefer to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment