Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Devolution

I have intentionally cut back on my political posts in this blog – I’ve already been accused of being too negative, and anything regarding politics is extremely unlikely to be positive in the current climate.  But I do have to say something about some recent developments – the likes of which are quite profoundly scary to me.  It seems like the US is heading in entirely the wrong direction.  Just today I’ve seen stories about abortion banned in Alabama, massive anti-vaccine rallies in New York, the continued refusal of the President (and his cronies) to release his tax returns, environmentally-friendly language removed from mission statements regarding public land, escalating tensions between Iran and the US, and the White House refusing to combat online extremism.  This is not the country I want to live in – and I don’t think it’s the country most Americans want to live in – when seemingly  logic and commonsense is thrown out of the window.  And the scariest thing of all?  I think the President is going to win a 2nd term.  In my opinion, the only viable Democratic opponent to Trump who is going to win those all-important swing states in the election is Joe Biden – but I just see too much opposition to him within the Democratic party.  Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.  So I predict another 4 years of this fool in charge – just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment