Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Electric Cars

Very, very slowly, I am starting to see more electric cars on the road.  Perhaps it is a city thing – where electric cars and their somewhat limited range (100 miles before recharging?) are manageable.  What I do know is that there are more and more parking spaces dedicated to electric cars and their recharging stations, including in my work garage.  Work has started to send out regular surveys to see if anyone has or is thinking about buying an electric car, with the idea of probably taking away even more regular parking spots – just great for us average joes.  I have no immediate desire to get an electric car – they are still too expensive (the cheapest are still about double what I paid for my new car).  But if prices come down, extremely unlikely under the least environmentally-friendly president ever, then I wouldn’t say no.  I will say that I will never get a Tesla.  I hate Elon Musk, and refuse to have anything to do with any of his products.  I mean I REALLY hate him – just a total dick and douchebag.  I think about that Thai soccer team that got stuck in the caves, and he used it as a publicity stunt for his products – then when one of the divers criticized him and his useless submarine, without evidence he called the diver a pedophile.  Nice guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment