Saturday, September 15, 2018

Redmond Watershed Preserve

Went for a morning walk around Redmond Watershed Preserve today before the rain came in.  It was somewhere I was sure I had been before, but the trail didn't seem familiar.  But a quick search of this blog reveals I went there 2 years ago, so there we go.  This might be my go-to inclement weather hiking trail - it's not far (30 minute drive away), it's about the right length (4.5 miles, with the possibility of more with some spurs) and flat enough to work up a sweat but not be totally exhausting, it's not too busy, it's mostly through forest providing some nice cover from any rain, and best of all no dogs allowed (I think because horses are allowed on some of these trails - I didn't see any horses, but I definitely saw plenty of dung!).  It's not a particularly picturesque walk, but this is a trail more about exercise than taking photos (though I did take one photo).  And as a bonus, it's in Redmond (home of Microsoft) which has a small English shop that sells sausage rolls - a rare treat in the US! - so that was my lunch sorted out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment