Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Commute

I thought this morning’s commute would be hellish, since it was first day back to school today (the teachers here did threaten to strike, but I think they might have backed off).  But it really wasn’t as bad as I feared.  Maybe the longest it has been since coming back from my holiday, but nothing like as bad as it can be (35 minutes from leaving home around 9 am – which isn’t bad, but I’ve been doing a lot of commutes less than 30 minutes recently which is really good).  Perhaps not all the schools started back today – my commute takes me close to a couple of schools, but I didn’t see or get stuck behind any yellow school buses and I didn’t see any kids actually waiting on the side of the road to be picked up this morning.  And I wonder also if perhaps the bigger source of traffic will be when the university year starts again.  My place of work is quite near to the University of Washington, so I imagine the traffic there makes a huge difference.  A quick online check indicates that the university academic quarter starts on September 26.  So perhaps I’ve still got a few more weeks before the commute really takes a downward turn… (I also notice in this post that I’ve got into the bad and nonsensical habit of putting month before day when saying or writing dates, without even thinking about it – thanks America.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment