Monday, September 3, 2018

Labor Day

It was Labor Day today - the nearest we get to a summer bank holiday here (the first Monday in September).  According to Wikipedia, it honors the American labor movement and the contributions that workers have made to the strength, prosperity, laws, and well-being of the country.  Whatever, it's just nice to have a day off work!  A lazy day for me, in what has been a very lazy weekend.  I'm kind of disappointed with myself, since we've had pretty good weather over the weekend and so it was a good opportunity to get out and do stuff.  But I just didn't feel like it - a combination of still not feeling 100%, but also feeling a bit down and so lacking the motivation to do anything - a classic symptom of depression...  I don't regret not going down to Oregon for the weekend - my original plan - but I should still have made better use of an all too rare long weekend.  That needs to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment