Sunday, September 9, 2018

American Football

Sorry, another sports posting!  It's the first weekend of the NFL season.  But I have to confess to an increasing indifference towards what used to be my favorite US sport.  I think this is partly because I don't have a team to support any more (RIP San Diego Chargers), partly because I hate the preponderance of glory fans in Seattle (though the Seahawks will probably not have a good year), partly because the game has become somewhat politicized, and partly because it is just too unwatchable with it's unbelievable number of advert breaks.  Fortunately, I have unsubscribed from some sports channels which limits how much I can watch on a Sunday.  So no excuses for not getting out and going for a hike then!  And even though I haven't been writing many blogs or posting many photos, I have been doing a lot of hiking/walking recently - though not any trails I haven't done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment