Sunday, September 2, 2018

(Are Made of This)

One of the more interesting side effects of my messed up sleeping patterns and waking up so early is that I have a good recollection of what I've just been dreaming about.  And, sadly and unsurprisingly, I clearly have no imagination.  All my dreams are contemporary and reflect some wishful thinking about events that could happen or will happen in the immediate future or the immediate past.  For example, just the other night I was dreaming about a school reunion with friends and classmates who I haven't thought about for years and who I can't even remember all their names.  No fantasy elements to my dreams, no sci-fi, no high-adrenaline action, no weirdness.  If I was trying to look for symbols in my dreams, then I would be sadly disappointed.  Perhaps the dreams say something about my current state of mind, but nothing insightful that I didn't already know.  Personally, I think over-analyzing dreams is a load of hokum - but sometimes dreams can be the sub-conscious trying to tell you something.  Clearly my sub-consciousness sucks as much as my consciousness.  I should not plan on being able to write some fantasy novel series in my retirement.   

No comments:

Post a Comment