Monday, September 25, 2017

USPS Sucks

It was my nephew’s birthday last week, so naturally I sent him a birthday card.  Not just a regular birthday card, but one that came with music and movement.  This was my first time posting one of these – a similar card for my niece I didn’t need to post because I was back in the UK.  So, with the card not being particularly flat I expected to have to pay extra postage.  What I discovered when I went to the post office was that the card was so lumpy and didn’t fit through a regular mail slot (or at least the one they had at this post office) that it had to be classified as a package rather than a card.  So I had to fill in a customs form (for a birthday card!), and then pay for the postage of it as a parcel rather than a card.  Oh boy.  It cost me 10 times as much to post this card as it would a regular card – what a swizz.  So I’m sorry to say to my nephew and niece, you will not ever be receiving any cards like this from me again unless I can deliver them in person.  I hope my nephew appreciated the effort (though I suspect he preferred all the many other bigger and better things he probably got – hopefully including the Paw Patrol stuff I got him)!

No comments:

Post a Comment