Thursday, September 21, 2017

Under Pressure

So, we had another biometrics screening at work today.  Not something I particularly like to do – I don’t need to be told I’m overweight, I know, and I hate the judgement on me as my blood composition analysis is reviewed.  But this is a necessary evil to ensure that I get a wellness credit and hence my medical premium reduction for next year ($10 less per paycheck!).  The lead up to the screening was bad – I tried to eat and drink a bit more healthily this week, in particular I’ve only had 1 can of soda so far this week.  But my body seems to be rejecting this attempt to improve my diet – I’ve been suffering from multiple headaches/migraines, probably due to missing all the addictive and unhealthy stuff they put in soda drinks.  So I think I got quite stressed about what the screening results would say, and I also haven’t been sleeping well recently, so naturally both these things hardly help my blood pressure.  The results maybe weren’t as bad as feared – pretty much the same as last year.  However, that is still not good – I’m still medically obese, and my high blood pressure is something to worry about (and, ironically, the worry probably raises it even more).  I think I’m going to get myself a blood pressure monitor and measure myself over a few weeks to see if it stays as high as it is – but if it does, then I might have to bite the bullet and see a doctor.  I don’t particularly want to go on medications to reduce my blood pressure, but maybe that is for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment