Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Geocaching

I haven’t done any geocaching for a long time – but I’m giving some thought to engaging in it a little bit more again.  Part of the reason for this was recently finding a new geocache in the vicinity of my workplace.  I mean in the close vicinity – it was only about a block away!  It was only a small geocache, hidden as a fake bolt on a telegraph pole – so no chance I would have just stumbled on it by sheer luck!  To discover the coordinates of this find, I had to get numbers from various “sidewalk art” in my work neighborhood like the following (something that I've never really paid much attention to before):


 I need to solve more of these multi or puzzle caches – they tend to be a bit more challenging, but more interesting and a lot more potential for better rewards!  But I like the idea of finding geocaches more regularly again – although inevitably I will feel a bit uncomfortable and look suspicious trampling through parks and undergrowth by myself trying to find these suckers!  (I remember once getting interrogated by a cop in North Carolina when I happened to be working there for a week and was looking for one by the side of the road near my hotel!)  This is when I would love to have a dog so I don't look so dodgy…..  

No comments:

Post a Comment