Thursday, September 14, 2017

A Long Day

Waking up early in order to order the Lego Millennium Falcon - then having to wait for ages since the Lego server went down, and with no idea whether my order had gone through and if I managed to order the set before it went out of stock (I think I might have been one of the few who did manage to secure a set - yeah!)

+

A morning spent doing volunteer work.  A group of us from work went out to a local park to do some weeding, trimming, shoveling mulch around and picking up litter.  Good exercise, but - in my opinion - a waste of free labor since we were tackling a park that is not frequented by many people, and an area of the park that gets hardly any pedestrian traffic.  Didn't make sense to me.  There used to be a lot of homeless in the park, but thankfully most of them are no longer there (still, some of the trash we picked up was unmentionable)

+

Playing a lot, and losing a lot, of ping pong recently.  I don't think it's coincidental that 2 colleagues who I play regularly are both injured at the moment - we're been playing almost daily over the last few months.  But very dispiriting when I can't even beat injured competition.

=

A long day and a very tired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment